Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Ama Divers (BBC)
1. What does "ama" mean?
guardians of the sea
women of the sea
2. How many divers were there in the area in 1940's?
3. How many divers are there today?
more than a thousand
There are no divers anymore.
fewer than a thousand
4. How old is Saio-dai?
5. How long has Saio-dai been an ama diver?
almost half a century
more than 64 years
6. What is the name of the shrine that is considered as the most important in Shinto religion?
Ise Jingu Shrine
Usa Jingu Shrine
Shiogama Jinja Shrine
7. How will an increase in the number of tourists affect the prefecture of Mie?
It will create more traffic.
It will provide more income.
It will create more pollution.
8. What is the name of the luxury boutique resort that will be opening soon in the area?
9. What language does the government plan to change the signs to?
10. What is the G7 summit?
It is the meeting of all the members of the United Nations.
It is the meeting of the 7 richest people in the world .
It is the meeting of the leaders of the 7 major economies of the world.
It is the meeting of the leaders of the 7 major religions in the world.
Is tourism important in your country? Why?
What are the most popular tourist attractions in your country?
Are there any tourist attractions where you currently live? What makes them unique?
Do you travel for tourism and leisure? How often?
What places have you been to?
What is the most memorable travel experience have you had so far?
What are the places you wish to travel to in the future? Why?
Which do you prefer: travelling within your country or travelling outside the country? Why?
What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having tourists in an area?
When traveling, do you prefer staying in a modern hotel or a traditional inn? Why?
What criteria do you have when choosing a place to travel to?
Can you mention some of Japan's most popular traditions that are also tourist attractions?
Which do you like more: exploring the city or the countryside?
Do you prefer travelling alone or with your family/friends? Why?
What do you think the government should do to help attract more international visitors?
Please wait a moment...