Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Japanese Education (BBC)
1. Why is it compulsory to begin learning the English language in Japanese primary schools?
Many Japanese families plan to migrate to western countries.
The government plans to change their official language to English.
It's all part of the effort to globalize the next generation.
2. Aside from the English language, what lessons are taught to the students early on?
3. What industry that the Japanese are known for is becoming popular abroad?
4. What Japanese industry was the first to become popular abroad?
5. What cultural trait is behind the success of Japan's service industry?
Polite customer service
Respect for the elders
6. In Japan, what should people wear when applying for a job?
a black dress
a long dress
a black suit
a blue suit
7. How many years has Japan been experiencing an economic decline?
8. What styles or techniques did the Japanese nail salon use with its customers?
modern and traditional
9. What happens if a people don't go lockstep with their peers in finding a job or getting a promotion?
They will be forced to find a job abroad.
They will feel that they have been left behind.
They will feel more motivated to work hard.
10. What should be done in order for young Japanese students to become competitive leaders and businessmen in the future?
The official language must be changed in order to overcome the challenges of globalization.
The education and employment systems must be reformed.
Japanese students should be sent to schools abroad.
At what age did you start learning English?
Do Japanese children need to learn English? Why or why not?
What is “globalization”? How does it affect Japanese children and young adults?
Can you give three examples of Japanese etiquette? Is it important for children in Japan to learn Japanese etiquette? Why or why not?
What kind of Japanese industries are popular outside Japan?
What is a “recruit suit”? When would you wear one?
In the future, do you want to work in Japan or in a foreign country? Why?
In Japanese culture, what is the “escalator”?
What is the best way for Japan to succeed in the global economy?
Please wait a moment...