Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Japanese Entrepreneurs (BBC)
1. When did the Japanese bathing culture start?
2. What is the name of the temple where the ancient bathing culture started?
3. Why was it customary to go to a sauna before entering a temple?
Because it was believed that you needed to clean your body and soul before entering a place of worship
So that the temple will be kept clean and orderly
Because it was believed that you needed to feel relaxed before entering a temple
4. What kind of business did Naoki Mita open?
a travel agency
5. What was the inspiration behind Naoki Mita's business idea?
traditional food culture
ancient clothing culture
ancient art culture
ancient bathing culture
6. Why did Naoki Mita find it hard to get support from the government and financial institutions?
because he didn't have a detailed business plan
because the government doesn't have enough funds to support businesses like Naoki Mita's
because his idea was risky
7. What kind of document does a bank need from an entrepreneur when applying for a financial support?
a document such as a balance sheet that shows profit and loss result
the applicant's birth certificate
a document that shows the business' five-year plan
a document that shows the annual inventory
8. Aside from the government and banks, to whom can Japanese entrepreneurs reach out for financial help?
other banks outside Japan
private investors outside Japan
parents and relatives
9. Why is Japan's entrepreneurship level one of the lowest in the world?
because of the low number of business schools
because of difficulty in finding great business ideas
because of the difficulty in raising money
because entrepreneurship is not highly encouraged in Japan
10. How do the students of Wealth Start Up Academy save money and learn business tips from each other?
by sharing a house
by shopping at discount stores
by getting a loan
by selling things they no longer use
Have you ever been to a sauna? If so, did you like it? It not, would you like to go?
What kind of businesses are successful in Japan?
Would you rather work for a new business or an established company? Why?
Is it easy to start a successful business in Japan? Why or why not?
Where can you get money to start a new business in Japan?
How many companies do you expect to visit before you find a job after graduation?
Would you like to live in a shared house (with other people your age) in the future? Why or why not?
Do you think Japanese companies are conservative or innovative Why?
Please wait a moment...