Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Looking After the Elderly (BBC)
1. Who does Midori Ide look after?
the royal family
2. How many work days does Midori Ide have?
3. How does she spend her day off?
She takes care of her grandmother.
She takes care of her plants.
She takes care of her parents.
She takes care of her dogs.
4. What does she think about her job?
She thinks her job is easy.
She thinks it is hard as she only receive small salary and she doesn't have time for herself.
She thinks it is fulfilling and meaningful.
5. How many workers were supporting one retired person in 1950?
6. What do they see as a possible solution to address Japan's demographic problem and care worker shortage?
to accept immigrants
to triple the caretaker's salary
to encourage children to take care of their parents when they become elderly instead of sending them to nursing homes
7. What is the percentage of the number of foreigners in Japan today?
8. According to the report, what does Japan's current birth rate mean?
It means there will be many foreign children.
It means there will be enough Japanese children.
It means there will be few Japanese children.
9. How long has the nursing home been employing foreign care workers?
more than a decade
exactly a decade
10. What is one of the challenges that foreign care workers in Japan have?
What do you think think is the reason for falling birth rate in Japan?
Do you have family members who are elderly?
Do you think the immediate family members should be the ones to take care of their elderly family members instead of sending them to a nursing home?
Why do you think the elderly are being sent to nursing homes instead of staying in their own house?
What are the reasons why there are few caretakers in Japan?
What should the government do to address the demographic problem in Japan?
How do you feel about accepting more immigrants in Japan?
What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having immigrants in a country?
Please wait a moment...