Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Silent Fukushima (BBC)
1. How does the presenter describe village?
It looks modern and charming
It looks strange and quiet.
It looks vibrant and peaceful.
It looks old but beautiful.
2. How long has it been since the people fled from the village?
3. What caused the explosion of the Fukushima Plant?
A volcanic eruption
4. What kind of harmful materials or substances did the plant emit when it exploded?
5. How did the disaster affect the people?
The disaster caused depression and post-traumatic stress to the people.
The disaster caused the people to feel inspired to rebuild their community.
The disaster caused the people to build new homes and modern public buildings.
6. According to Mr Yoshizawa, why won't he be able to grow rice again?
He will move to the city.
He is retired.
His land is poisoned.
He wants to grow another type of crop.
7. How many cattle does Masami Yoshizawa have?
8. What does Mr Yoshizawa feel when people talk about Fukushima?
He feels frustrated and responsible for it.
He feels proud about it.
He feels happy about it
9. Where does Mr Yoshizawa go to express his anger and frustrations about their situation?
To the town mayor's office
To the streets of Yokohama
To the streets of Tokyo
To the prime minister's office
10. What is the attitude of the Japanese public towards the Fukushima workers?
The Japanese public appears to have no concern at all.
The Japanese public appears to have little sympathy.
There is a wide sympathy from the Japanese public.
Do you know the town of Namie? Where is it and what do you know about it?
How many earthquakes have you experienced in your life?
Do you worry when you feel and earthquake? Why or why not?
Where were you on March 11th 2011?
What happened in Fukushima on this day?
Do you know anyone who was affected by the Fukushima incident? How were they affected? Did the Japanese government help them?
Do you worry about the effect of radiation on Japanese food?
Who do you think was responsible for the Fukushima accident?
Do you feel sympathy for the (ex-)workers of the Fukushima plant?
Please wait a moment...