Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Info for teachers
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Aged Workers (BBC)
1. How old is Rikizo Takano?
2. What company did he work for?
3. What does "Korei-sha" mean in English?
4. How many registered members does Rikizo's company have?
It has over 750 registered members.
It has only 800 registered members.
It has 750 members.
5. How much does a "Korei-sha" worker earn every month?
10,000 Japanese yen
1,000 U.S. dollars
1,100 U.S. dollars
10,100 Japanese yen
6. How much of the national budget does healthcare and pensions account for?
A third of the national budget
A half of the national budget
A fifth of the national budget
A quarter of the national budget
7. What does a falling birth rate mean to the Japanese economy?
A falling birth rate has no significant impact on the economy.
It is an advantage to the economy because more older people can work.
It is a burden to the economy since there are fewer people paying the social security.
8. How many years has Masato Shitsuneno been a volunteer?
9. What was Masato Shitsuneno's occupation in the past?
He was a businessman.
He was a chef.
He was a teacher.
He was an engineer.
10. When did the school children put together a thanksgiving ceremony for the volunteers?
At the end of the academic year.
At the start of the academic year.
At the first quarter of the academic year.
At the middle of the academic year.
Do you know any elderly people?
Do you think elderly people should do part-time jobs? Why or why not?
What kind of jobs should elderly people do?
How many days in a week should an elderly person work?
At what age do you want to retire?
Would you like to continue to work after you retire? Why?
Which would you prefer to do as a job: cooking or driving?
Do you know any organizations in your community for elderly people? If yes, how do these organizations help them?
Do you think the aging population is a threat to the Japanese economy?
Would you like to move to another country after you retire? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...