Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
What squatter cities can teach us (TED)
1. What did the largest cities use to be?
Paris, London, and New York
Paris, London, and Detroit
Rome, London, and New York
Paris, Birmingham, and New York
2. According to the presenter, what is happening to "villages of the world"?
They are getting bigger
They are filling up
They are becoming richer
They are emptying out
3. What did they say about "city air" in Renaissance Germany?
It makes you free
It makes you rich
It makes you sick
It makes you healthy
4. What kind of people go to "squatter cities"?
People getting out of poverty
Criminals and drug addicts
5. What percentage of India's GDP comes out of Mumbai?
6. What is the main event happening in cities?
Arts and culture
7. According to the presenter, "there is no _______ in squatter cities"
8. Which city had the largest population in 2015?
9. How many new people move to the city every week?
10. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe "life in the country"?
11. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe "life in the city"?
12. How many people live in squatter cities?
Would you prefer to live in a big city or a small village? Why?
Tokyo is one of the biggest cities in the world, with a population of over 37 million in 2015. What are the advantages and disadvantage of living in such a populated city?
Why do poor people want to move from the countryside to cities?
Should everyone live in a city? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...