Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Talk nerdy to me (TED)
1. Who was the presenter asked to teach communication skills to five years ago?
2. How did she feel about this prospect?
3. What fictional character did she compare herself to?
4. Which of these global challenges is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
5. How does the presenter want scientists and engineers to talk?
6. What is the presenter's first tip for science and engineering students?
Explain the cost of their research
Explain the origins of their research
Explain the relevance of their research
Explain the theory of their research
7. What should science and engineering students be aware of?
8. According to the presenter, what did Einstein say?
Make everything as interesting as possible
Make everything as cheap as possible
Make everything as simple as possible
Make everything as complex as possible
9. What should science and engineering students avoid using in their presentations?
10. What did the "special structure of trabeculae" inspire?
The height of the Sky Tree
The color of Tokyo Tower
The design of the Eiffel Tower
The shape of the Burj Khalifa
11. How does the presenter summarize her presentation?
With a moral
With a metaphor
With an equation
With an analogy
What do you know about the story of Alice in Wonderland? Can you explain the story to your partner?
What kind of people are likely to study science and engineering?
What are some global challenges that are being tackled by scientists and engineers?
What is a "nerd"? Do you know any famous nerds? Are any of your friends or colleagues nerds? Are you a nerd?
What makes a good presentation? What makes a bad presentation? What tips would you give to a presenter?
Please wait a moment...