Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Adult Adoptions (BBC)
1. When was Hōshi Ryokan founded?
2. Who founded Hōshi Ryokan?
A feudal shogun
A Buddhist monk
A Shinto scholar
A Christian priest
3. How did the family always manage to hand the business onto a son?
They had many children to guarantee a son would be born
They legally adopted a daughter's husband when no sons were born
They sometimes handed on the business to a daughter
4. What is unique about the Hōshi Ryokan business?
It's younger than most other Japanese businesses
It's older than most other Japanese businesses
It's bigger than most other Japanese businesses
It's more profitable than most other Japanese businesses
5. How many men are adopted in Japan each year?
6. What kind of website does Chieko Date run?
An auction website
An educational website
A social networking website
A match-making website
7. What can Japanese women find on the website?
Men who want to start a new business
Men who want to be legally adopted
Men who want to live abroad
Men who want to adopt children
8. What is happening to the birth rate in Japan?
It's remaining stable
9. When did Tsunemaru Tanaka sign up for Miss Date's website?
10. What happened to Mr. Tanaka's old business?
It went bankrupt
He resigned from his position
It was acquired by a bigger company
He lost it to his ex-wife
11. How does Mr. Tanaka feel about changing his family name?
He wants to choose a better name
He'd rather not change it
He wants to pass it on to his children
He doesn't mind changing it
12. What does the family pray for?
An easy life
Health and happiness
Have you ever stayed at a traditional Japanese ryokan? If so, where was it and how was your experience? If not, would you like to? Why or why not?
Which is better: a traditional business with a long history, or a new business with innovative ideas? Why?
Do you like your family name? Why or why not?
Do you think a woman should always take her husband's family name when she gets married? Why or why not?
Under what circumstances (if any) should a husband take his wife's name when he gets married?
What is your ideal family unit? (e.g. married with two children, married with no children, single, single with one child, etc)
Is it better to own your own business or to work for somebody else? Would you ever consider taking over another business if you had the opportunity?
Please wait a moment...