Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Pocket Money (BBC)
1. How much money does Yoshihiro Nozawa get every month?
2. How much is this worth in dollars?
Just over 150 dollars.
Just over 50 dollars.
Just over 350 dollars.
Just over 250 dollars.
3. When did his wife start controlling the household budget?
After she had children and became a housewife.
Before they had children.
After they started dating.
After they got married.
4. What costs a lot for their children?
Clothes and accessories.
Hobbies and free time activities
Education and private lessons.
Food and grocery shopping
5. What does she do to try to ease her husband's burden?
She gives him a massage every evening
She works a part-time job
She makes him a lunchbox.
6. What is Mr. Nozawa's only luxury?
Smoking a cigarette after lunch.
Taking a bath at the weekend.
Drinking a beer after work
7. How much of his pocket money does he spend on this luxury?
8. What percentage of Japanese household budgets are controlled by women?
9. What has happened to the amount of pocket money men receive since the 1990s?
It has doubled
It has halved
It has tripled
10. How much money does Mr. Kubo receive every month?
Just over 500 dollars
Just over 600 dollars
Just over 400 dollars
Just over 300 dollars
11. What does Mr. Kubo try and do every year?
He tries to negotiate a pay rise
He tries to exercise thoroughly
He tries to save up a lot of money
12. Which of these things has Mr. Kubo NOT given up?
His expensive hobbies
13. How much do Japanese businessmen spend per night on average?
Less than 50 dollars
Less than 40 dollars
More than 50 dollars
More than 40 dollars
Do you have a part time job and/or receive an allowance from your parents?
What is the biggest cost in your daily life?
What do you do to try to save money?
What is a luxury you could never give up?
How much money do you spend on your luxury?
What kind of job would you prefer: a boring job with a high salary, or an interesting job with a low salary?
Do you agree that women should control the household budget? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...