Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
The killer American diet that's sweeping the planet (TED)
1. Which disease is NOT mentioned by the presenter as being "completely preventable"?
2. What has happened to Asia's rate of heart disease, obesity, and diabetes?
It's gone from one of the lowest to one of the highest
It has remained the same
It's gone from one of the highest to one of the lowest
3. What disease causes as many deaths as HIV and AIDS in most African countries?
4. What kind of diseases kill more people than every other disease combined?
Immune system diseases
Heart and blood vessel diseases
5. What did the presenter's study of prostate cancer show?
The progression of the cancer slows down over time
The progression of the cancer can be reversed
The progression of the cancer speeds up over time
The progression of the cancer is irreversible
6. What percentage of US adults are "obese"?
7. What disease has drastically increased in the US in the past 10 years?
8. What kind of diet can reverse heart disease and cancer?
A Middle-Eastern diet
An Asian diet
A Mediterranean diet
An American diet
9. What are people in Asia starting to do?
Sleep like Americans
Eat like Americans
Work like Americans
Drink like Americans
10. What is McDonald's in the US planning to do?
Focus on selling cheeseburgers
Employ more chefs from Japan
Introduce an "Asian salad"
Increase their advertising budget
How concerned are you about the following diseases: AIDS, avian flu, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension
Do you ever eat at McDonald's or other fast food restaurants? If so, how often? If not, why not?
Is obesity a major problem in Asia? How about in America? Or Europe? What should people do to avoid becoming obese?
Do you have a healthy diet and lifestyle? What would you like to improve about your diet or lifestyle?
What do you know about diabetes? Can you tell your partner 3 facts about this disease?
What are the main differences between the typical Asian diet and the typical American diet?
Please wait a moment...