Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
The refugees of boom-and-bust (TED)
1. When did the presenter visit Qatari migrant worker camps?
2. How many sky scrapers had been put on hold or canceled in the 6 months prior to the presentation?
Less than 300
More than 300
3. Where are the migrant workers mainly from?
India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal
Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong
Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos
Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, and Bhutan
4. Who are 99% of the migrant workers hired by?
The private sector
The technology sector
The public sector
The education sector
5. Who do the workers pay?
A middle man
A top man
A center man
An end man
6. What do the workers have taken away?
7. How many labor camps did the UAE have at the time of the presentation?
8. What did the workers do the summer before the presentation?
Set up a new business
Protested about the way they were being treated
Returned to their families
Won a court case against their employers
9. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as having "gone missing":
10. What does the presenter tell the audience to "forget about"?
Their environmental footprint
Their emotional footprint
Their ethical footprint
Their psychological footprint
Have you ever visited the Middle East? If so, where did you go? If not, would you like to go? Why or why not?
Would you ever consider working in the Middle East? If so, what kind of job would you want to do? If not, why not?
What would you do if you lost your passport while traveling?
What kind of rights do you think foreign workers (in Japan or elsewhere) should be entitled to?
What is an "environmental footprint"? Should you try to reduce it or increase it? Why?
Please wait a moment...