Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Google's driverless car (TED)
1. What did the presenter love as a boy?
2. What happened when the presenter turned 18?
He learned how to drive.
He had a serious car accident.
He bought his first car.
His friend died in a car accident.
3. How many people does the presenter want to save?
100,000 per month
1,000,000 per year
100 per year
1000 per week
4. Which country's government issues a prize for developing a self-driving car?
The Czech Republic
5. How much money did the presenter's team win?
6. What has the presenter focused on since winning the money?
Developing faster-than-light travel.
Developing software for taxi companies.
Developing cars that can drive anywhere by themselves.
Developing safety features for existing cars.
7. How does the presenter describe the driving mechanism his team developed?
8. Which of the following American cities is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
9. How many miles did the presenter's car drive
10. According to the presenter, what is the number one cause of death for young people?
What do you know about Google?
What do you know about driverless (or "self-driving") cars?
What do you know about the connection between 1 and 2?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of human drivers?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of computer (artificial intelligence) drivers?
Would you like to ride in a self-driving car? Why or why not?
What problems might self-driving cars help solve?
What problems might self-driving cars create?
Please wait a moment...