Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Failed Inventions (BBC)
1. What famous Japanese invention is mentioned in the first part of the video?
2. What can you see at the new exhibition in Tokyo?
Successful inventions from the late 1950s and early 1960s
Failed inventions from the late 1950s and early 1960s
Successful inventions from the late 1940s and early 1950s
Failed inventions from the late 1940s and early 1950s
3. What three foods can the Snack 3 prepare?
Toast, eggs, and hot coffee
Toast, eggs, and hot milk
Bacon, eggs, and hot milk
Toast, eggs, and cold milk
4. What kind of invention was the Wide Colorscope?
A color filter for black and white televisions
A black and white filter for color televisions
5. When did Japanese television begin broadcasting programs in color?
6. What was the problem with the first models of colour televisions?
They were unreliable
They were expensive
7. What was special about the radio shown?
It was in the shape of a robot
It was in the shape of a car
It was in the shape of a computer
It was in the shape of a television
8. How was the washing machine operated?
9. What three countries make most of today's popular gadgets?
South Korea, Taiwan, and America
South Korea, Taiwan, and United Kingdom
South Korea, Japan, and America
North Korea, Taiwan, and America
What do you think is the best invention of the 20th century (1900-2000)? How about the 21st century (2000-now)?
What do you think is the most inventive company in modern times (e.g. Apple, Sony, Nintendo)? Why do you think so?
What characteristics or features will make a new product popular?
What do you normally eat for breakfast? Do you make your own breakfast or buy it from a shop? Why?
Do you ever drink hot milk? If so, when? If not, why not?
Have you ever heard of the Sony "Walkman"? If so, can you explain what it is to your partner? If not, what do you think it might be?
Do you ever watch "black and white" (monochrome) movies? Why or why not?
How often do you use your washing machine? How did people wash clothes before the washing machine was invented?
Which of these countries do you think is the most inventive: a) South Korea, b) America, c) Taiwan, d) Japan. Why do you think so?
What product do you think will be invented in the near future (the next 50 years)? How about the distant future (the next 500 years)?
Please wait a moment...