Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
The danger of silence (TED)
1. Who does the presenter quote at the beginning of the presentation?
Dr Albert Einstein
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned by the presenter as a "consequence of silence"?
3. What does the presenter challenge his students to do?
Explore the silences in their own lives
Explore the silences in others' lives
Read the speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Attend a peace demonstration
4. How many core principles does the presenter have?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the presenters core principles?
6. What religion was the presenter's family?
7. Where did the presenter grow up?
8. Which of the following was NOT listed by the presenter as something he gave up?
9. What did the woman at the fundraising gala say?
"I'm so afraid of you"
"I'm so busy right now"
"I'm so tired"
"I'm so proud of you"
10. According to the presenter, "Silence is the residue of..."
11. According to the presenter, "Sometimes all people want to be is..."
What do you know about the following people: Albert Einstein, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela
What do you know about the following topics: discrimination, violence, genocide, war
What is something you think people should speak up about?
Have you ever kept quiet about something? What and why?
What do you think about homeless people? How should they be treated?
Please wait a moment...