Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Disaster Inventions (BBC)
1. What piece of technology did most Japanese people use after the big earthquake in 2011?
2. What was the special feature of NTT Docomo's phone cover?
It measures energy levels.
It measures radiation levels.
3. What technology service was in demand 50 times more than usual after the earthquake?
4. What three pieces of technology can help with personal power generation?
Car batteries, nuclear power, wind turbines.
Wind turbines, solar panels, in-home batteries.
Solar panels, coal burning stoves, wind turbines.
5. What is the special feature of Nissan's new electric car?
You can power the car from your home.
You can power your home from the car.
6. What did the tablet application show?
It shows radiation levels.
It shows how much electricity each home device is using.
7. How much power could the car provide to an apartment or house?
6000 watts per hour
8000 watts per hour
7000 watts per hour
8. What is special about the future city of Fujisawa?
It hopes to be earthquake resistant by 2016
It hopes to be energy self-sufficient by 2015.
9. What is special about 3M's new solar panels?
They are made of recycled material.
They are transparent.
They are opaque.
10. Are they cheaper or more expensive than standard solar panels?
What is the best way to contact your family during a disaster?
Do you have a smart phone? If so, what do you use it for? If not, why not?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power?
Why is nuclear radiation a risk to humans?
Nuclear, coal and gas are three sources of power. What other sources of power do you know about?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of electric cars?
Which household appliances use the most electricity? How can you reduce your electricity usage?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy sources such as solar and wind?
What does "AED" mean? What is an AED used for?
Please wait a moment...