Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Less stuff, more happiness (TED)
1. How much space do Americans have now as compared to 50 years ago?
About three times less
About twice as much
About three times more
2. How much is the personal storage industry worth?
22 billion dollars
2 million dollars
200 billion dollars
2 billions dollars
3. What has happened to Americans' happiness levels over the past 50 years?
They have increased
They have decreased
They have stayed the same
They have gone up and down
4. Which of the following situations is NOT mentioned by the presenter in relation to the "joys of less"?
Going to a wedding
Going to college
Staying in a hotel
5. What is the name of the company the presenter started?
6. How much money did the presenter save by buying a smaller space?
7. According to the presenter, what do we need to cut out of our lives?
8. What should we ask ourselves before we buy something?
Will it biodegrade when I throw it away?
Is it the cheapest option available?
Is that really going to make me happier?
Can I really afford it?
9. According to the presenter, small is...
10. Which of these multifunctional items are NOT mentioned by the presenter
A dining table that becomes a bed
A side table that can stretch out to seat 10
A bed that becomes a sofa
A sink combined with a toilet
11. The presenter suggests that we should "Make room for the..."
What possession(s) could you not live without?
What did you buy that you didn't really need?
What size apartment/house do you live in now? What size apartment/house would you like to live in in the future?
Does shopping make you happy? Why or why not?
Does owning many material possessions lead to happiness? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...