Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Less stuff, more happiness (TED)
1. How much space do Americans have now as compared to 50 years ago?
About three times more
About twice as much
About three times less
2. How much is the personal storage industry worth?
22 billion dollars
2 million dollars
2 billions dollars
200 billion dollars
3. What has happened to Americans' happiness levels over the past 50 years?
They have stayed the same
They have gone up and down
They have increased
They have decreased
4. Which of the following situations is NOT mentioned by the presenter in relation to the "joys of less"?
Going to a wedding
Going to college
Staying in a hotel
5. What is the name of the company the presenter started?
6. How much money did the presenter save by buying a smaller space?
7. According to the presenter, what do we need to cut out of our lives?
8. What should we ask ourselves before we buy something?
Can I really afford it?
Is that really going to make me happier?
Is it the cheapest option available?
Will it biodegrade when I throw it away?
9. According to the presenter, small is...
10. Which of these multifunctional items are NOT mentioned by the presenter
A sink combined with a toilet
A side table that can stretch out to seat 10
A bed that becomes a sofa
A dining table that becomes a bed
11. The presenter suggests that we should "Make room for the..."
What possession(s) could you not live without?
What did you buy that you didn't really need?
What size apartment/house do you live in now? What size apartment/house would you like to live in in the future?
Does shopping make you happy? Why or why not?
Does owning many material possessions lead to happiness? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...