Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Support Apps 4 EFL!
How to control someone else's arm with your brain (TED)
1. According to the presenter, which organ is "amazingly complex"?
2. Which of the following subjects is NOT taught in schools?
3. The equipment needed to teaching neuroscience is...
Complex and expensive
Simple and cheap
Dangerous and volatile
Interesting and exciting
4. What percentage of people will have a neurological disorder?
5. How many cures are there for these diseases?
6. What was the first name of the presenter's lab mate?
7. What did the presenter and his lab mate decide to do?
Leave school to become musicians
Work for Microsoft
Make neuroscience equipment simple and affordable
Invent cures for brain diseases
8. What is the name of the presenter's company?
9. What does the presenter put on the volunteer's arm?
10. How many neurons are inside the brain?
About 800 trillion
About 80 billion
About 80 million
About 8 million
11. What do neurons do?
Control the body's blood pressure
Send electrical messages back and forth
Help the body fight infections
Regulate the body's temperature
12. What does the presenter ask the volunteer to do with her hand?
13. What sound does the presenter demonstrate?
The sound of motor units
The sound of the heart beat
The sound of neurons
The sound of electrodes
14. What nerve does the presenter need to find?
The elnar nerve
The ulnar nerve
The alnar nerve
The olnar nerve
15. What does the presenter's invention allow you to do?
Control another person's legs
Control another person's mind
Control another person's arm
Control another person's emotions
Can you name 10 organs of the body?
In your opinion, which is the most amazing organ? Why?
What do you know about the human brain? Can you tell your partner 3 facts?
What do you want to dedicate your life to?
Do you ever do any DIY projects? If so, what kind of projects? If not, why not?
In what kind of situations might you "roll up your sleeves"?
Where is your spinal cord? Can you show your partner?
Do you think we will be able to control our environment with our minds in the future? Why or why not?
Please wait a moment...