Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Keep your goals to yourself (TED)
1. What does the presenter ask the audience to think of?
Their most embarrassing failure
Their biggest personal goal
Their biggest achievement
Their family and friends
2. What is the effect of telling someone your goal?
It makes it less likely to happen
It makes you feel bad
It makes it more likely to happen
3. What term describes the situation where the mind is tricked into thinking that something has already been done?
4. Who was the founder of social psychology?
5. When did Peter Gollwitzer write a book about the phenomenon described by the presenter?
6. How many people took part in Gollwitzer's tests?
7. What should you do if you really want to achieve your goal?
Resist the temptation to tell others
Make a post about it on Facebook
Trick your brain into thinking it is already done
Announce it to everyone
Do you think you should tell other people what your goals are? Why or why not?
How much time every day should you spend working on your goals?
Have you ever given up on a goal? Why or why not?
Have you every participated in a marathon? If so, why? If not, would you like to? Why or why not?
What is your biggest temptation in life?
Please wait a moment...