Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Underwater astonishments (TED)
1. What is special about the world at the bottom of the sea?
It's blindingly bright
It's pitch black
2. What kind of animals did the presenter see?
3. Where does Dr. Edith Widder work?
Oriental Research and Culture Association
Organic Research and Cultivation Association
Ocean Research and Conservation Association
4. What kind of device did she invent?
5. Which of these is not a function of bioluminescence?
Avoiding being eaten
6. What are some of the colors designed to do?
7. What percent of the ocean has been explored?
8. Which has more life?
A tropical rain forest
The bottom of the ocean
9. What can cephalopods do with their eyes?
Sense their surroundings
See in the dark at the bottom of the ocean
Hypnotise their prey
10. What colour do male squids turn when they fight?
11. What can cuttlefish disguise themselves as?
12. What do octopuses emit when they are threatened?
Have you ever gone scuba-diving? If so, where? If not, would you like to go?
Do you like visiting aquariums? Why or why not?
What is you favorite fish or marine animal?
What is the most intelligent marine animal?
What animals are able to change their skin color? What do they use this ability for?
What animals have an ability to emit light (bioluminescence)? What do they use this ability for?
Do you like eating seafood? Why or why not?
Which would you most like to explore: outer-space or a deep ocean?
What should we do to protect the Earth's oceans from pollution?
Please wait a moment...