Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Info for teachers
Support Apps 4 EFL!
3 things I learned while my plane crashed (TED)
1. The presenter asks the audience to imagine...
A big explosion
A small fire
A good opportunity
A global disaster
2. Why was the presenter's seat unique?
It was near the smoke
It allowed him to talk to the flight attendants
It was very comfortable
It was very expensive
3. What did the flight attendants say to the presenter?
They had probably entered a storm
The pilot would not turn the plane around
You should get out of your seat
They had probably hit some birds
4. What did the pilot line up the plane with?
A flock of birds
The Hudson river
A big motorway
The airport runway
5. What did the pilot do with the plane's engines?
He turned them over
He turned them up
He turned them off
He turned them around
6. What did the pilot say to the passengers?
Place it back
Brace for impact
Braces are intact
7. What was the first thing the presenter learned about himself?
It all changes in an instant
He wants to change into someone else
He wanted to change his flight
He decided to change his opinion
8. What does the presenter mean by "I collect bad wines"?
He wants to postpone his life
He only has bad experiences in life
He wants to buy a new wine cellar
He no longer wants to postpone anything in life
9. What did the presenter regret the most?
Time he spent doing things that matter
Time he spent with his family
Time he wasted on things that did not matter
Time he spend alone
10. What did the presenter eliminate from his life?
11. What did the presenter think about dying?
It's not scary
It's very scary
He was terrified
He was unprepared
12. What did the presenter wish for?
To see his kids grow up
To see his wife again
To continue working in his job
For the plane to explode
13. What is the only goal the presenter has in life?
To be famous
To be a good husband
To make a lot of money
To be a great dad
How often do you travel by airplane?
Do you think traveling by airplane is frightening? Why or why not?
Do you talk to flight attendants when you fly? If yes, what do you talk about? If no, why not?
Do you like to look out the window when you fly? Why or why not?
What is the most frightening thing you have ever experienced? Did it change your view on life?
Do you have any regrets in your life? If so, what? If not, why not?
What is your most important relationship (e.g. your relationship with you mother / father / sister / brother / girlfriend / boyfriend / husband / wife / classmate)? Why?
A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you die. What's on your bucket list?
Please wait a moment...