Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Info for teachers
Support Apps 4 EFL!
2060 and the world population pyramid (Economist)
1. According to the video, what is the pyramid a traditional way of visualizing?
The dome of the Capitol building
The age structure of society
The social structure of bees
The history of England
2. In 1970, what was the largest age group?
Age 30 to 40
Above 85 years
3. How long has the pyramid been characteristic of human populations?
Since the 1970s
Since the age of industrialization
Since organized societies emerged
Since the age of the pyramids
4. What does a chart of the global population in 2015 look like?
5. What happened to the population aged 20-39 between 1970 and 2015?
It shrank by 11%
It stayed the same
It grew 128%
It grew 42%
6. In 2015, how many people are aged over 85?
7. What is the "fertility rate"?
The rate of difficulty of conceiving a child
The rate of infant mortality
The number of children a women can expect to bear in her lifetime
The length of time it takes to have a baby
8. What will be the biggest influence on the population from 2015 to 2060?
9. What kind of families are becoming "the norm"?
Single parent families
10. What will the population chart look like in 2060?
A column or a beehive
How old will you be in 2060?
What do you think your life will be like in 2060?
What do you think society will be like in 2060?
Can you explain the Japanese term "douage" to your partner?
Can you explain the Japanese term "kataguruma" to your partner?
Do you think Japan should accept more immigrants? Why or why not?
Do you think every woman should have three children? Why or why not?
Do you think Japan should develop more robots to support elderly people? Why or why not?
What do you think is the best solution to the aging population problem in Japan (and in the world)?
How long do you want to live for? How long do you realistically expect to live?
Please wait a moment...