Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Flash
Text to Test
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Wooden skyscrapers could be the future for cities (Economist)
1. What is the world's population expected to be in 2050?
2. Concrete and steel have a large carbon...
3. What might realistically be built in coming years?
4. What has destroyed some of the world's great cities?
5. What does concrete need to make it stronger?
6. In this video, what does CLT refer to?
Cognitive Load Theory
Communicative Language Teaching
Community Land Trust
7. What are London architects Waugh Thistleton doing?
Deploying steel building techniques
Designating plastic as a building material
Destroying concrete buildings
Designing buildings with CLT
8. What is the structure of a CLT building like?
An ant nest
A DNA strand
9. Which of the following places is NOT mentioned as somewhere using CLT?
10. What is the cost of building wooden skyscrapers?
It is very expensive
It is the same as the cost of building steel and concrete skyscrapers
It is very cheap
It is unknown
What will happen to the world population in the next 30 years?
Do most people live in cities or in the countryside? Why?
Can you name three different building materials? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
What is a "carbon footprint"? What can you do to reduce it?
Would you prefer to live in a wooden house or a concrete house? Why?
Please wait a moment...