Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Text to Test
Text to Flash
Info for teachers
Support Apps 4 EFL!
Questions No One Knows the Answers to (Long) (TED)
1. What do students do during a typical day at school?
Think of difficult questions
Answer their own questions
Forget answers to questions
Learn the answers to questions
2. Which of the following did the presenter NOT wonder about as a boy?
What is love?
What would it feel like to be a dog?
Do fish feel pain?
Was the Big Bang just an accident?
3. What is the first "unanswered question" mentioned by the presenter?
What is the meaning of life?
How many universes are there?
Who am I?
What is consciousness?
4. What does the presenter do during long plane flights?
He watches movies
He looks at mountains and deserts
He eats food and drinks wine
5. According to the presenter, how many Earths could fit inside the sun?
About 1 thousand
About 1 billion
About 1 million
About 1 trillion
6. About how many stars are there in the Milky Way?
About 400 million
About 400 thousand
About 400 trillion
About 400 billion
7. How many galaxies can we detect with telescopes?
About 100 thousand
About 100 million
About 100 trillion
About 100 billion
8. Space itself is:
expanding at an accelerating pace
contracting at an accelerating pace
expanding at a decelerating pace
contracting at a decelerating pace
9. What does string theory say?
There are 1000 universes
There could be countless other universes
The universe is made of string
There is only one universe
10. What do some physicists think about the space-time continuum?
It was created by God
It has 15 dimensions
It is an illusion
It is infinite
11. Who famously asked "Why isn't there evidence of life on other planets?"
12. What do conspiracy theorists claim?
That UFOs are visiting all the time
That there are no UFOs
That there is only one universe
That there is no intelligent life on other planets
13. What has the Kepler space observatory found?
UFOs coming toward Earth
Hundreds of planets around nearby stars
Billions of new galaxies
Intelligent life on other planets
14. In this video, what does SETI refer to?
Software Engineering, Tools and Infrastructure
Strategic Electronic Technology Information
Stock Exchange of Thailand Index
Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
15. According to the presenter, you should:
What do you do during a typical day at school? Can you tell your partner 10 things?
When you were a young boy or girl, what kinds of things did you wonder about?
Do you have a life plan? Can you explain it to your partner?
Can you tell your partner three things you know that most other people don't know?
Can you tell your partner three things you don't know, but you would like to know?
Have you ever used a telescope? If not, why not? If so, what did you look at?
Have you ever heard of Stephen Hawking? What was he famous for?
What does a physicist do? Can you tell your partner 3 things?
Can you explain the meaning of the following physics terms: atom, electron, proton, quark, neutrino
Do you think you will marry the person of your dreams? Why or why not?
Do you think there is life on other planets? Why or why not?
Do you think humans will be destroyed or saved by future technology?
Which do you think is the most likely explanation for the existence of the universe: a) it was created by some kind of God; b) it was created by a "Big Bang"; c) It is just an illusion
Please wait a moment...